Sunday, March 9, 2014

CHRISTMAS ON A STICK

   I have been hosting the same Christmas party since I was a junior in high school. It's been 28 years now and they don't seem to be growing any smaller if this years attendance is any indication. Many friends attended this year who came to the original party where all I served was a pot of home made pasta sauce, pasta and garlic bread( when you 17 thats all you really need right?)! But I learned to make pasta sauce for that occasion and since then I have been concocting new recipes and finding themes to entertain my cense of creativity. My unsuspecting guests have endured Scottish Haggis, a recycled cardboard box Christmas tree and this year Christmas on a Stick( because I was "sticking" to having the party).
    Here are some "Sticky" ideas that came from the party......


Maple Side Cars were the signature drink and we cut sugar maple branches and carved them into picks and coated them in sugar!!! They were a big hit.(see recipe on another post).

AND LOTS OF THINGS TO DIP IN THE CHOCOLATE FONDUE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment